Pages

5/18/2008

Parmesan Breaded Chicken

I know, I know....do I ever follow a recipe? Not particularly and tonight's dinner is no exception!!
Here is the finished product:
What's needed:
Chicken Breasts
Olive Oil
1 Lemon - zest and juice
2 cloves garlic - smashed
Bread Crumbs - plain or Italian
Parmesan Cheese
Rosemary (dried or fresh)
Salt
Pepper
Herbed Goat Cheese (optional)
*There are no measurements, you can definitely eyeball your ingredients to your tastes!*

1. I marinated the chicken in the mixture of olive oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, 2 cloves smashed garlic, salt, pepper and rosemary. I let this rest in the fridge for about 30 minutes. While marinating, I preheated the oven to 325 degrees.


I prepared the breadcrumbs, salt, pepper and rosemary together in a shallow bowl. After the chicken is marinated, I cut a small pocket into the side of the chicken and put a pat of herbed goat cheese inside, toothpicking the slit shut. Dredge into breadcrumb mixture and pat the breadcrumbs onto the chicken (the olive oil/lemon juice worked well to stick the breadcrumb mixture to the chicken). Then, I put it in the oven for 45 minutes.




While that was cooking away in the oven, I made an appetizer of goat cheese spread on mini croissants...delicious!



And made salads of romaine, black olives, seasoned croutons, mushrooms and Feta cheese.


After the chicken was finished, plate up with the side dish of your choice (my wonderful fiancee made sauteed mushrooms, and I put extra pats of goat cheese on top (since much of the goat cheese oozed out of the pocket during the cooking process). Be sure to remove the toothpick and enjoy!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails